American School Counselor Association- Parents & Public Page
Provides a variety of articles related to parents with helpful tips on how your school counselor can assist with a variety of needs.
Parenting Teens Online
This website is dedicated to improving the dialogue between parents and teens about important issues like health and wellness, relationships, technology and media, education, finances and more.
KidsHealth is the #1 most-visited website for children's health and development. It also has a kids and teen area to explore.
Parents. The Anti-Drug
SeanCovey.com: Inspiring Greatness in Youth
Strategies for Taking State Assessments:
Tips for Parents and Families from Ohio Dept of Ed.
Countdown 2: DRIVE
- Visit the ODE website (www.ode.state.oh.us) and click on the “Testing and Assessments” link or the “Families” link to find testing resources. You will find samples of test questions. Parental support during test preparation is very important
- Make sure you children receive an adequate amount of sleep every night, especially the night before a test.
- Proper nutrition is an important part of preparing students to learn. Feed your children nutritious meals, especially breakfast.
- Encourage your children to keep a positive attitude. Let them know you have confidence in their ability to do well on the test.
- Talk with your children about the upcoming tests to help relieve their test anxiety. Help them build self-confidence!
- Encourage your children to take the time necessary to answer each question on the test and to answer all of the test questions.
- Make sure your children are at school on time so they do not feel rushed. Students need to have time to get ready prior to the start of testing.
Safe Kids Buckle Up is launching a new initiative targeted to young teens who are 13-14 years aold and their parents to address the issue of being safe passengers today and safer drivers in the near future. The first year of driving is the most dangerous and we want families to begin to talk about the problems new drivers face long before the teen obtains a driving permit. Please go to the website www.Coundown2Drove.org